All COVID-19 licensed vaccines currently available to the public in India (Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin Vaccine and Serum Institute- Oxford University-AstraZeneca’s Covishield vaccine) have been shown to be safe and effective at preventing COVID-19.
- COVID-19 vaccine lets you resume activities:- After you are fully vaccinated, you may be able to travel without quarantining, both domestically and internationally and start doing things that you’ve stopped doing because of the pandemic.
- COVID-19 vaccine protects your community:- Getting vaccinated will also protect people around you, predominantly those who are at a increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19 virus.
- COVID-19 vaccination drive breaks the chain of transmission: Vaccination drive is a significant tool to help stop the pandemic. With the help of vaccination, it is possible to completely eradicate some diseases globally. Vaccination leads to the development of herd immunity once the wide population is vaccinated.
- COVID-19 vaccine prevent serious illness/ mortality:- Based on varied research and clinical trials, experts believe that getting a COVID-19 vaccine helps keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19 from anywhere.
- COVID-19 vaccine lets you reconnect with loved ones and co-workers:– For fully vaccinated people, it is safe to gather with small groups and you can safely visit in person with friends and family.
It’s worth mentioning that, like any other vaccine, COVID-19 vaccines can also cause mild-to-moderate side effects to some, such as a low-grade fever or pain or redness at the injection site or some other mild side-effects.
ALSO READ- What India’s Future Holds Post-Coronavirus
Covaxin and Covishield both the vaccines work effectively well to reduce the risk of symptomatic infections, severity and even mortality. Hence, get yourself vaccinated, as soon as you can and keep following COVID appropriate behaviour which is the need of the hour.