India’s 14th Prime Minister Narendra Damodardas Modi turns 70 today. Born to a Gujarati family on September 17, 1950, Modi served as Gujarat’s Chief Minister for nearly 13 years (from 2001 to 2014). In the year 2013, Modi is chosen as the Bharatiya Janata Party leader and started the first tenure of his prime ministership, after his swearing-in as the 15th PM of India on May 2014.
Now, everybody knows about our PM, but this blog will make you recall some of the bold decisions taken by the Modi-led Bharatiya Janata Party Government.
- In the first year of Modi 2.0, the Government has taken some key decisions including the abrogation of Article 370, criminalization of triple talaq, Citizenship Amendment Bill , to name a few.
- The Modi Government has initiated several schemes like Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao, Swachchh Bharat Mission, PM Mudra Yojna, Atal Pension Yojna (APY), Smart city scheme, Make in India, to name a few.
- Keeping in mind the economic challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, Prime Minister announced the creation of the ‘COVID-19 Economic Response Task Force’ under the Finance Minister Sitharaman.
- Remuneration of MPs reduced by 30% for a year and DA for Central Govt Employees frozen till July 2021.
- PM also announced a Rs 20 lakh crore stimulus package (which is about 10% of GDP, in order to boost the economy and sustain the growth).
- Narendra Modi has also announced Jal Jeevan Mission to provide tap water to every household by 2024.
- During his Independence Day speech to the nation on August 15, 2018, Modi has announced India will launch its first manned mission to space by 2022.
- PM Modi to unveil projects worth ₹16,000 crores in Bihar ahead of Assembly poll.