Born in Pennsylvania in 1942, the 77-year-old Joe Biden has become the 46th US President. And, there are some important things you may not know about Joe Biden. Here’re those facts we’ve chosen for you. TAKE A LOOK!
- He served as the ‘Vice President’ in the ‘Obama’ administration.
- He first ran for ‘President’ in 1988, then again in the year 2008.
- He is the second ‘Catholic President’ in US history.
- He used to stammer and would recite Yeats and Emerson to work on his public speaking.
- At 29, he was one of the youngest people ever elected to the United States Senate.
- In December 1972, Mr. Biden’s wife Neilia, and daughter were killed in a car accident.
- Joe Biden was sworn into the Senate at his sons’ hospital bedsides.
- Joe Biden wrote and championed the Violence Against Women Act.
- He has 2 German shepherds ‘Champ’ and ‘Major’.
- Joe Biden loves ‘Ice Cream’ and his favorite flavor is ‘Chocolate Chip’.
Born in Oakland, California, Kamala Harris, 56, has become the first-ever woman vice president-elect of the United States. With this, she has become the country’s first Indian-origin, first Black, and first African American Vice President of the country. Isn’t it just WOW…
- During the Barack Obama era, she was popularly called the ‘Female Obama’.
- Kamala has done her graduation from Howard University and the University of California, Hastings College of the Law.
- She is a daughter of an Indian-American biomedical scientist and Jamaican-American professor of economics.
- In the year 2003, she became the District Attorney of the City and County of San Francisco.
- Harris has written 2 non-fiction books and 1 children’s book i.e.
- Smart on Crime: A Career Prosecutor’s Plan to Make Us Safer,
- Superheroes Are Everywhere,
- The Truths We Hold: An American Journey.
Biden and Harris would be sworn in as the President and Vice President of the US on January 20, 2021.
- How Pandemic Affected the 2020 US election campaign? – Coronavirus pandemic has upended every aspect of the US election cycle. Usually, the majority of the American voters stand in a queue in their respective polling stations to cast their ballot for their next President. But the 2020 election campaign was different, as rallies were held virtually, conventions were called off, debates were rescheduled. Biden’s election campaign adopted a vigilant approach and endorsed COVID-19 mitigation strategies whereas Trump has opposed some of these restrictions claiming they are politically motivated. Stanford University had claimed thousands of deaths due to huge election campaign rallies. Trump had held large, in-person campaign rallies but on other hand, Democratic Party Joe Biden has kept in-person interactions to a minimum. His rallies were virtual and pre-recorded sessions were streamed for Millions of voters.
- US Presidential Election Dates? – US presidential elections are different from other countries’ elections. An election for president of the United States happens every 4 years on the first Tuesday in November determined by the factors like weather, harvests, and worship. This year, the presidential election happened on 3rd Nov’20.
- Know The Key Political Parties For Presidential Race – There are 2 major parties in the United States – The Democratic Party and Republican Party. Democratic Party has been positioned itself as a liberal party on domestic issues. Joe Biden is the Democratic Presidential employee for the 2020 election running against the incumbent Donald Trump.
- How many electoral votes required to win a Presidential seat? – A candidate must receive an absolute majority of electoral votes (currently 270 or more) to win the presidency or the vice presidency.
- Why does the US Election matters to India?- India’s relationship with the USA is the most important association. On defense and strategic related, issues, the acquaintance has strengthened. American President makes a real difference to bilateral ties, including trade, immigration policies, and strategic issues.
- Who can be the President of the United States of America?
A natural-born citizen of the US.
At least 35 years old.
A resident of the USA at least 14 years old.
Let us know if you have any questions to ask on email@example.com.