COVID-19 pandemic has affected businesses worldwide and during this touch time, one of the largest social platforms ‘Facebook’ is offering a helping hand, providing little financial support i.e. USD 100M in cash grants and ad credits to Small and Medium Enterprises sector (SMEs).
Approx. 30,000 eligible small businesses across 30+ countries will be able to receive a grant from Facebook.
- Your business must have between 2 to 50 employees
- Your business must have been in business for over a year
- Your business must have experienced challenges because of COVID-19 Pandemic
- Your business must be a for-profit company
- Your business must be in or near an area where ‘Facebook’ operates
* To check the area eligibility/ your business location, click here – https://bit.ly/3i31Jk2
- Your business must have a GST registration certificate
- Your business must have a Business PAN
Please note:- Facebook can ask for more details if required.
- Applications are now open in India
- Small businesses not required to have a Facebook presence in order to apply (are also eligible for the grant)
- SME’s in India can submit their application latest by 28th of September’20 (date extended from 21st September’20)
- Business chosen for the grant will receive 63,000 INR cash and 38,000 INR in optional Facebook advertisement credits
- SMEs can apply for grants for only one business.
- People owning multiple small businesses need to choose only one as Facebook will consider duplicate or multiple applications.
- The SME owners have to provide a mobile number that is linked to their Aadhaar card.
- To pay the rent
- To retain staff
- To help in operational costs
- To keep your workforce going
- To help in connecting with more customers
- To support your community
ALSO READ- Babendude Launches Affordable Face Masks & Shields To Ensure Protection Against COVID-19 Virus
The company has partnered with Goodera for this. To recall, Facebook has also announced a $100 Million global grant for small and medium businesses in March.
Let us know if you have any questions to ask on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The views and opinions expressed in this blog are those of the authors. It is the reader’s responsibility to verify the information.